Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Quick Healing of a Cold

I'd been praying about contagion. About half or more of illnesses and sicknesses are attributed to contagion.

What seems scary about the concept of contagion it is that it happens on a micro scale- so tiny you can't see it- like a ghost or specter of illness that hides on a door knobs or floats in the air. 

In my life as a practicing Christian Scientist I've had to deal with contagious illness. I've learned to trust Christian Science as an effective form of treatment. 

My first healing of a cold happened years ago when I was as a young man newly putting Christian Science first in my daily life. I was praying 'hard' about aggressive cold symptoms. It was a sluggish struggle, mentally and physically, and it happened when I was an apprentice chef working in a hotel kitchen.

I'll never forget the special moment of realization that came to me as I leaned on the stainless steel counter. It was a freeing and simple thought: Christian Science will heal me.

This realization was... a revelation. It was such a relief because I was feeling like I, personally, had to bear the heavy burden of healing this cold through my own mental wranglings and wrestling, almost like moving heavy furniture around in my mind!  

The cold left me that night! And I know it was because of that angel message. It was what I needed to know right at that time. It was powerful enough to clear out any fear that I was going to have to put up with incapacitating physical suffering and misery.

The realization had the effect of unburdening my thought. The ideas and truths of Christian Science, revealed so clearly in Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, were what would free me, and they did.

Like Jesus said, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

photo credit: Hernan Pinera 'free' 


No comments:

Post a Comment