Thursday, November 29, 2012

How To Bounce Out Of Bed in the Morning

I awoke early this morning as usual on a 'work day'. But I didn't feel like getting out of my comfortable bed. Then I remembered: 'oh yah, I'm not mortal.'

All sense of tiredness and resistance disappeared into a poof of mist and out of bed I flew.

Why did this work for me? Because the day before I had been praying about several things and also praying for patients of my healing ministry- and part of what I had been affirming was what Mary Baker Eddy writes about in her amazing Christian healing textbook Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures:

"Now I ask, Is there any more reality in the waking dream of mortal existence than in the sleeping dream? There cannot be, since whatever appears to be a mortal man is a mortal dream. Take away the mortal mind, and matter has no more sense as a man than it has as a tree. But the spiritual, real man is immortal."

Also I had been practicing this throughout my day. Whenever thoughts about being a mortal soul trapped in a body without my control or say in the matter I was rebelling and saying NO. I'm not going to indulge that concept. I acted out of knowing better than that.

And so out of bed I sprung. It could easily have been the other way around- and some mornings it is- that I give in to this concept unconsciously even- that i am just a mortal soul in a material body with limitations.



No comments:

Post a Comment