Sunday, October 28, 2012

Grace in a Texas Burger King

Here I am, at a Burger King in Texas.

I'd finished my meal and was just sitting and reading Science & Health on my 5 year old original iPod Touch when two couples sat down in the booth behind me.

There was some good natured chatting and I couldn't help but delight in the famous Texan drawl I was hearing. It seems the two gentleman were wearing real-deal cowboy hats and boots.

Then I heard something that surprised me: one of the guys paused and gave a little prayer thanking God for blessings and the company of those he cared about.

After I emptied my plastic tray in the garbage I walked by and addressed the guys: "Which one of you just gave a prayer?" and one of the big guys said "It was me."

"I've never heard anyone pray before dining in a fast food restaurant in my life" I confessed, and one of the ladies started to chuckle.

"Really?" he said in a thick Texan accent.

"That was really sweet. Good for you!" I gratefully commented, and strolled on out into the parking lot.

(photo credit Mike Mozart Burger King https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/)

No comments:

Post a Comment